Order with confidence from Amazon.Com.
|When you see one of these logo's:
You can click on it to order the Book, CD or Video directly from Amazon. Buy it online!
See Also [ General Books ] [ CD Recommendations ] [ DVD Recommendations ]
- References from the Workshop on Addressing the Toughest Interface Design Issues
- Learning from our Past
- A paper presented at a workshop on accessing legacy data via the web. Originally published at the
Workshop Coordiator's website.
- Jakob Nielsen's Old Alertbox
- A series of articles which discusses his views on various design related issues
- Human Factors and the Web Conference
- Some useful research papers on practical design issues like frames and navigation. This was the second such conference help June 12, 1997.
The 4th Conference is in Baskin Ridge, NJ on June 5th, 1998. It is another resource worth checking out.
- General Web Design Resources
- A decent explanation of the Web/Netscape color palette
- Graphic design tips, including some web design tips are at Webling's Cafe
in the graphics area.
- The Yale Manual of Style
- This is just a darn good site, giving well though-out arguments for how to design for the web.
- Directory of resources at Yahoo's Guide
- A repository for design sites, mostly populated with design companies, but there are a few jewels.
- Jakob Nielsen Useit site
- This site has an nice reference list and does mini-reviews of
his recommended sites. There is no
point in duplicating all of that here.
User Centered Design
- User-Centered Graphic Design : Mass Communication and Social Change by Jorge Frascara, et al / Paperback / Published 1997
- It looks like a Thesis and was recommended as a good book. I have it but haven't read it yet.
- Order 'Mass Communications' from Amazon.Com.
- Methods and Tools in User-Centered Design for Information Technology (Human Factors in Information Technology, 9)
by Margaret Galer, Susan Harker, Jurgen Ziegler (Editor)
- Have not seen this book, but it sure has the right title! Look at Galer's book at Amazon.
- Bellcore's User Centered Design Approach.
In M. Wilkind (Ed.), Usability in Practice. Boston: Academic Press.
Chapter by Salasoo, A., White, E., Dayton, T., Burkhart, B., and Root, R. (1994).
See Also [ Web Design ] [ CD Recommendations ] [ DVD Recommendations ]
The Lives of the Great Composers by Harold C. Schonberg (Hardbook)
- Everyone need a a little culture. This was a Mother's Day present for my grandma. This updated and
expanded edition of the perennial favorite traces the line of composers from Monteverde
to the tonalists of the 1990s. Schonberg discusses the lives and works of the foremost figures in classical
music, weaving a fabric rich in detail and anecdote.
See Also [ Web Design ] [ General Books ] [ DVD Recommendations ]
Vintage Collection, by Wanda Jackson
Listen to these tracks with Real Audio!
- Some say, the Camero's remind them of Wanda. She was around 40 years ago, swinging and
doing the country scene. Track 1, I Gotta Know,
is impressive, while tracks
3 (Hot Dog! That Made Him Mad),
4 (Riot In Cell Block #9),
8 (Rock Your Baby),
10 (Fujiyama Mama),
and 11 are a swingers dream!
I bought the CD at Columbia House for 99 cents, but if you can't get that deal, it is still worth
the normal price just for those 5 tracks. The other tracks are country, but they are darn good.
See Also [ Web Design ] [ General Books ] [ CD Recommendations ]